Cellectis SA Combined General Shareholders’ Meeting of June 14, 2013
Published on June 18, 2013
Paris, June 18, 2013 - Cellectis (Alternext: ALCLS) held its Combined General Shareholders’ Meeting on Friday, June 14, 2013 in Paris, at the Group’s headquarters.
- Approval of the 18 resolutions proposed by the Board of Directors
- Dr Mathieu Simon, Senior Vice President and CEO of Cellectis therapeutics, elected to the Board of Directors of Cellectis SA
- Presentation of the Group’s therapeutics strategy
Nearly 60% of voting rights were expressed at the Meeting, 18 of the 19 resolutions were approved and 14 resolutions received more than 90% positive votes. The resolution that did not have the Board of Directors’ recommendation was rejected.
The decisions made by Cellectis’ shareholders included:
- approving the parent company and consolidated financial statements for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2012;
- approving regulated agreements;
- nominating a new Director, Mathieu Simon, CEO of Cellectis therapeutics;
- authorizing a share repurchase plan and authorizing the Board of Directors to retire the shares acquired through it;
- various delegations of authority and financial authorizations granted to the Board of Directors.
The complete voting results are available on the Group’s website (www.cellectis.com).
The Combined General Shareholders’ Meeting was an opportunity for Chairman and CEO André Choulika to review key aspects of the Group’s activity over the past fiscal year, and to highlight the impact of management initiatives that enabled the Group to refocus on core programs. He also shed light on work done by the Board of Directors, and changes to how Cellectis is governed.
After these presentations, Dr Mathieu Simon, CEO of Cellectis therapeutics, focused on the Company’s development strategy in therapeutics, where the Group is at the forefront of fields such as regenerative medicine (in the fight against type 1 diabetes) and cancer immunotherapy (chronic lymphoid leukemia, or CLL).
At the end of the Annual General Shareholders’ Meeting, André Choulika commented, “Through their strong presence at this year’s General Shareholders’ Meeting and their votes, our shareholders have clearly shown their confidence in the actions taken by executive management and in the strategy validated by the Board of Directors. I would like to extend our warmest gratitude to them.”
Cellectis’ Chairman and CEO went on to express his satisfaction with the appointment of Dr Mathieu Simon to the Company’s Board of Directors. “Since joining the Group, Mathieu Simon has been instrumental in moving Cellectis Group’s therapeutics strategy forward and his contributions have proved successful. Now that he is a member of the Board of Directors, we will reap even more benefits from his vision of the pharmaceutical industry, his internationally recognized expertise and his enthusiasm, all of which will serve us in good stead during this important structuring phase for the Company.”